Thursday, February 19, 2009

Refocus for Success

Have stuck to points today, done some exercise, cleaned up a bit, laughed a lot, cooked good foods.. had gained 1/2lb this morning, hoping to shed that for a STS come monday.

Am feeling a bit wobbly still, but on the up so to speak. Another day and then it's the weekend, and hubby is good at watching me! ;)

My mum dropped off a questionnaire she'd been emailed by her Rosemary Conley leader.. it was good to remind me of why I don't want to go the path of a thousand choccy bars.

Refocus for Success

On a scale of 1-10

How much do you want to lose weight? 10

How much do you want to get on the scales next week and see a 2lb or bigger loss? 10

How much do you want to wear a new smaller sized outfit when the warmer weather hits? 9

How much do you want to look in the mirror and tell yourself you look good? 9

How much do you want to buy a BIGGER size outfit for the coming summer? 1

How much do you want to get on the scales next week and see a gain? 1

How much do you want to feel you have to avoid looking in the mirror as you know you do not look you best? 1


If you are not losing weight as much as you would like/hope, what do you think is stopping you from achieving it? not focusing on the big picture.
List 10 reasons why you want to lose weight - long term health, sake of appearance, to fit my funky clothes, confidence, to achieve my goal, to be able to keep up with kids, to feel better in heat of summer, to not be the "fat" one, to look my age again and to be in optimum health next time I'm pregnant.
10 reasons that might be stopping you - lack of time to prepare foods, not having the stuff I want in, having the wrong foods in, not making good choices when I need a quick snack, using food to pull me through tough points of day, not drinking enough fluids, feeling overwhelmed by amount still to lose, feeling upset at lack of clothing that fits/looks nice, feeling frumpy and eating to "cheer up", not having alone time to focus on exercise/meal planning.

Compare your lists and see if there's anything you can change to turn things around for yourself.
Need to remind self of ultimate goal, but focus on weekly/daily goals. Plan the night before, back to basics - eat 5 a day and drink fluids. Make time to prepare foods properly and keep blogging to keep motivated. Treat myself to a couple of nice clothes come payday - I do deserve to feel as good as I can in what I wear.


No comments:

Post a Comment