Monday, May 04, 2009

jelly knees

Even though the last week saw a gain, I was successful in 3 of the 4 components. Drank my water, got in plenty of calcium and ate 8 fruit and vegetable portions each day.

1. Track everything you eat, and stick to your personal points allowance.
2. Drink plenty of fluids, 6-8 glasses each day.
3. A portion of calcium each day.
4. 5 portions of fruit and veg a day.
5. Be more active. Weight Watchers recommends working towards activity levels earning 28 bonus points a week.

So I need to add in some more activity. I already do a lot of walking, but don't have any free time to go to a gym, and trying to do stuff at home I get mobbed by the halflings. Sam has been making noises about buying the family a Wii, and me the Wii fit. Until then though, I wanted to find something that I could do from home, within 20 minutes, that would improve my strength. As it's been so long since I last regularly did any strength training, and my stomach muscles are still weak from the damage done during surgery last year, I wanted to find something easy going.. and fell across the 200 squat challenge.

Took the initial test on Saturday, probably pushed a tad too hard because my thighs were killing the next day! Ready to start the challenge and build a stronger body.. then might do the sit ups and press ups challenges too!



3 comments: