Thursday, April 23, 2009

put your left leg in.. AND your right leg in..

Summer is definately sending advanced notice of real intention to visit this year. We're on day 3 of clear blue skies, gorgeous sunshine and temperatures of 19°C (66°F) not baking hot, just nice. For April it's just weird, but I'll enjoy it anyway.

Digging around in my drawers earlier, looking for some comfy lightweight togs to get on and clean the house in, i saw my favourite pair from last year, a lovely pair of thin but cushy yoga pants, they kept me really cool, and though they're maternity wear, (I laboured in the things) they came under the bump and fit well after the birth.

Soaked in amniotic fluid, 2 hours from giving birth - but comfy in my trews! Again, I may be obese and carrying a 4 month old about, but my trousers are too comfy for me to complain.

I don't know why I thought they would fit. They are outsize AND maternity. I figure that my mind hasn't fully taken in that there have been some significant changes.


Simply remembering how very wonderful they felt and how perfectly they fit, I picked them up.


They did look a bit big as I unfolded them, and the weight of them seemed heavy in my hands given how light the fabric is. As I pulled them up I laughed, realising I'd never be able to wear them again.. even pregnant I think I'd need braces.




2 comments:

  1. HAHA!! That's awesome!!

    Go you!

    I figure that my mind hasn't fully taken in that there have been some significant changes.Yup, there with you on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious! I can't believe the difference, they look huge on you now, even though they didn't look so big before!
    Looks like you had fun with the camera ;)

    ReplyDelete