Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Day 1, 120 squats

Day 1 of the challenge, and I'm already on week 3. Managed 46 on my initial test, and so jumped straight in at the 3rd week. A little apprehensive that I pushed too hard though, and ready to discover that I needed to pull it back to week 1 and go slow to avoid straining myself.

week 3: pick the appropriate column depending on your latest test results
Day 1
rest 60 seconds between each SET (longer if required)



> 40 squats
set 1

19
set 2

24
set 3

19
set 4

19
set 5

max (at least 27)

Did it, with set 5 at 39 - after pushing hard during the initial test and suffering for the last 3 days I thought I'd listen a bit more carefully to my body, and when the burn of puhing my muscles started to get a little too hot, stop! Would rather take my time to strengthen my legs than rush and damage the (obviously weaker than I would like) muscles! Still, 120 squats on day 1, with 60 secs between sets is not too bad!! Carrying these babies around has been a help I imagine!

Feeling cheered by that, the 39 consecutive squats today have left me feeling great, roll on Wednesday and day 2!

Oh, and all 4 kids are now doing their "squats" - the twins are especially amusing, being brand new walkers.

3 comments:

  1. Squats are tough!! Dang girl, you're going to have buns of steel in no time. I bet the kidlets look so cute trying to copy their mom. Way to go Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness it must be adorable to see them all squatting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow impressive... love that the kidlets are getting in on the action

    ReplyDelete