Thursday, May 14, 2009

A year ago..


I was 39 weeks pregnant with our twins. I'd been niggling since 36 weeks, but for the last few days things had started to feel different. I was having runs of contractions that were 1 in 5 or 10, really getting my attention in the morning, fizzling out in the day, and back in the evening and through the night.
I was beginning to come around to the idea that all the pressure, and cramps, and backache may really be doing stuff.

My sister was staying until the next day, in an attempt to talk me into labour. She had been at my home telling me to get on with it for 2 days. Saying she "knew" they were coming around this week, and so she packed a bag and came up.

Went to bed this night last year looking very confused, poor girl. As we stood in my doorway, just after midnight, we both heard a loud and definate pop as a baby kicked my back (or so we thought)

Two hours and a ruined mattress later, she couldn't have looked more pleased (with herself mostly) at being right after all. The pop was, of course, my waters breaking, and I woke at 2.30am swimming through an incredible amount of fluid!

Sitting here now, with my precious babes on my lap fast asleep.. it's gone sooo fast.

Also much preferring this years waist at 31", over the 65" measurement of 365 days ago!!!

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful photo!
    My babe is 15 weeks old today and I BARELY remember what it felt like to be pregnant. It's amazing what our minds do.
    I'd do it again in a heartbeat, however -- it's CRAZY that I'm already wanting a 2nd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have done so so well to get where you are.
    It does go in way too fast though, my wee one is now 7 months and I look at his oldest big bro who is nearly 7 and think it just seems like ystrday it was him!
    If only we could keep them babies for a little while longer.
    Happy Birthday to your little ones ang good luck avoiding the party food xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, indeed, what a beautiful prego photo! Sooo beautiful. Happy Birthday to the kidlets. You've done an amazing job in the last year Joy. Congrats to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! first year with twins by far the hardest!

    ReplyDelete