Friday, June 19, 2009

Making sure I use my points wisely

After cleaning jobs were done this morning, and I had finished my exercise, it was time for brekkie.

As I waited for my porridge to cool a bit (brunette goldilocks here) I prepared my butternut squash chips, so that they'd be ready to chuck in the oven come lunchtime.

Then had a lightbulb moment. I always ate my planned lunch if I had prepped it in the morning, not wanting to waste the prepared food. What if I prepared my entire days worth of food at breakfast time? I'd be less likely to go off plan if I knew that it would mean wasting both my time that I had spent on prep, and letting good food spoil. Also would cut down on time I had to put high point foods in while waiting for my meals to be ready. If I could cut down the time between noticing I was hungry and the meal being ready that could only be a good thing.

So, I spent half an hour preparing all the fresh fruit/veg we will eat today (after taking the photo I did the kids portions too - though we eat the same veg, I cook theirs separately. Most of the time they have things differently, veg cooked in with sauce or mince and I will use olive oil rather than frylight for them).

Anyhow, so far, so good. Have had my breakfast of porridge with honey and a glass of apple juice. Snack of a cup of grapes, lunch was a yummy 1/2 butternut squash cut into chips and roasted with herbs, along with 2 sesame seed ryvita smothered in reduced fat pate and cucumber slices. Have decided what I want to do with the rest, and really think this could be a useful tool for me for a while.

Looking forward to staying on points, AND on plan today! Yay.

2 comments:

  1. *waves* (I'm back, and haz interwebs again!!)

    That food all looks good enough to eat....oh, hold on....

    Well done you for staying focused!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that used the term "brekkie". It makes me feel like my family is here. You're doing an awesome job. Love the pic of veggies displayed in all their yummyiness.

    ReplyDelete