Sunday, June 14, 2009

pushups, week one

Eeek, my arms and abs are scary weak. I had managed a wobbly 17 on the initial test last week and so went for the 11-20 column of week 1. Ouch. Just about managed to complete the sets, but was really struggling to do those last 9.

Day 1
rest 60 seconds between each SET (longer if required)



11 - 20 push ups
set 1

10
set 2

12
set 3

7
set 4

7
set 5

max (at least 9)

45 total for day 1, but going to go with the middle column for days 2 and 3. Part of me is a bit worried that I could damage muscle if I pushed a bit too hard - something I am likely to do - it felt like I had pushed too hard today.

Day 2
rest 90 seconds between each SET
set 1
6
set 2
8
set 3
6
set 4
6
set 5
max (at least 7)

33 done, and ouch my stomach! It's p-u-l-l-i-n-g so bad. Really gutted that my body is still so broken. *Gloom* Still, this is the time where I am rebuilding, the best is yet to be. Trying to think positive - the ache and stretching is muscle being pushed to get stronger.


Day 3
rest 120 seconds between each SET
set 1
8
set 2
10
set 3
7
set 4
7
set 5
max (at least 10)

42 today - much more easily achieved than the 45 on day 1, which is promising. Week 1 complete and with 120 for the week. A year ago I couldn't pull myself up to sitting in bed, my abdomen was so weak. I am really excited about doing this and rebuilding my core strength.

1 comment:

  1. struggle? SCHMUGGLE.
    you did it.
    the push up challenge kicked my ass...until I quit :)

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete