Thursday, July 02, 2009

52 days

until the 6th anniversary of the date Sam and I got hitched.

I bought my dress in the winter of '02, needing a size 16. I spent the next few months losing 30lbs, and on my wedding day I was a size, 8-10 my dress having been altered to fit. August 23rd 2003 I weighed at about 125lbs. Every Anniversary since I have been overweight..

2004 - I was weighing 157lbs, recovering from the ordeal of miscarried twins the month before.
2005 - 10 weeks post partum, weighing around 190lbs and having started weightwatchers just 2 weeks before.
2006 - 5 months pregnant, 205lbs having gained, on top of the extra weight I had not lost from pregnancy with my eldest.
2007 - Had been on weightwatchers for 3 weeks, with a 26 month old and 7 month old, I had weighed my heaviest the month before.. recorded a weight of over 230lbs and a bmi of 40.
2008 - 2 months post partum, back at 222lbs having not added any extra weight this time. 2 weeks later I began - for the last time - at weightwatchers.

2009, I will be at a healthy weight, I will fit into my dress. Will try it on at intervals in the coming weeks..

first time I have gotten it out of storage since 2003.. and a few lbs to go until it'll fit me again!


and how it is supposed to look...

4 comments:

  1. you are totally going to do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome goal and motivator. maybe you could renew your vows to celebrate

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous dress, good luck, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful dress Joy. Can't wait to see you in it again. Great goal.

    ReplyDelete