Thursday, July 16, 2009

How much difference a (wheat free) week makes...

Last week I was so bloated I could barely do up my trousers, was glad of my too big ones still hanging about. Too much wheat had gained me back any weight I'd lost in the previous 3 months, I was 162lbs again. Thursday at 5pm I scarfed down a batch of blueberry muffins as I said a fond (if foolish) farewell to the wheat.

Forward to today and at 5pm, after eating my dinner I am on my scales 151 - a loss of 11lbs in 1 week!

After buying some of Sainsburys size 12 jeans last week, to tide me over from my 14 wardrobe until I can fit the many size 10 trousers I have waiting, they are already a bit loose. I decided to grab a pair of 10s, as a motivator to shrink into (plus their sizes are generous, so I'd fit these before my other bits). Tried them on to see how far I had to go - and I can do them up. I need to lose an inch or too from my tum still - have a mini muffin effect at the moment, and they feel tight, but honestly, they are as tight as the 12s are loose.. I'm close!! Wow. A 10 UK/US 8 !!

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic!!!!!! I have found Sainsburys to be much tighter fitting than many other jeans too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy shit!!!! you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bloody hell that's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i second the sainsburys comment!! i bet you could squeeze into an asda 8!!!!!!!! amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. 11lbs - wow! Just by cutting out wheat? Is it really hard?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is amazing - and it's making me think hard about eliminating wheat too. Well done indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter told me about your blog...specifically about the wheat. I, too, have determined that I can achieve better weightloss results by eliminating the foods containing any kind of flour....you are doing great! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete