Thursday, July 02, 2009

Mid week, blah

Forgot to weigh in first thing, but after having a heavy breakfast and a lot of coffee, the scales are showing me 151.5, so all good methinks. I wanted to see 149 today. Seems my body has a natural rhythm which means I am at my weeks heaviest around today, regardless of what I've eaten, the normal fluctuations mean a small gain from day 2 to day 3. The weight drops off over days 4-7 as long as I am on plan, and as I have been on track days 1-3 I *should* get my desired 4lb loss for Monday.

Am very cross about these shin splints. Wanted to replace the c25k runs with something, and after reading lots on blogs/twitter/fb about Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, thought that'd be good to do for the month. Problem being that I cannot do the cardio.. even the jumping jacks (star jumps) and skipping rope puts too much stress onto the muscles that are damaged, after just 30 seconds the pain was flaring and I had to stop. =(

Am going to instead do squats again, and start doing some abdominal work on the 3 days I am meant to be running. Need to rest the muscles and let them heal.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joy

    Our Body combat instructor was telling us the other day that the plank was a better exercise for flatter abdominals than crunches - might be worth a look if you're looking for something different to try while you can't run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, would you say it's worth investing in the 30 day shred? I have 29 days until my holiday and would love to lose a little wobble! my problem is I'm a shocker for buying the next great workout and never doing it. I like the idea that you can see results in 4 weeks.

    ReplyDelete