Wednesday, July 15, 2009

wheat free pancakes - YUM

Today when Sam got home at 6.30 as usual, I was stuck under the late-to-nap twins. We'd been out all afternoon and they'd fought sleep until after I had made the kids tea, but went into meltdown before I had the chance to sort myself. Had prepared Sam's meal earlier, so he was happily eating while I sat fidgeting, trying to speed up the nursing session.

7pm and I'm in the kitchen, having plenty of points left and fancying something sweet, but filling, I remembered the wheat free pancake recipe Andrea left me last week. After googling for help with translating the measures into English, I was off.

Diet Pancake Recipe - from the South Beach diet.
* ½ cup (75g rolled oats) Old Fashioned oatmeal (not instant)

* ¼ cup (50g) low fat cottage cheese

* 4 egg whites

* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

* ¼ teaspoon cinnamon (I use more)

* ¼ teaspoon nutmeg

* 1-2 packets splenda

* a handful blueberries or whatever fruit you want.


Process all ingredients except fruit in a blender until smooth. Add fruit and spray a non stick pan or skillet with cooking spray. Add batter and cook over medium heat until both sides are lightly browned.

'Cos I had the points free, I used 25g of dried, sweetened blueberries *and* drizzled 20g honey over the top =)

Result was a very yummy treat, 6.5 points and scrummy. Tasted like a mix between pancakes, and oatmeal and raisin cookies.

1 comment:

  1. pancakes for dinner! that's my kinda party!

    ReplyDelete