Friday, August 20, 2010

5k inside 35 minutes :)

Haven't done that since I was 15. Strike that, I think at 15 it took me 35 minutes. Tonight I ran my 5k, and I pushed harder, *believed* that I could increase my stride, just a little, and I did. I did the first km in under 5 minutes, and felt fine, not breathless at all. Really, totally awesome. I felt quite bouncy and happy most of the run. Hit an 'eek' couple of minutes about halfway, but decided to push and run faster, and soon was through it.

Had a couple of giggly moments too. At one point I had 'Dog Days' playing, and as I ran the length of the horses field I had Florence blaring at me 
The horses are comin' so you better run

Run fast for your mother; run fast for your father /

Run for your children all your sisters and brothers /
Leave all your love and your longing behind.
You can't carry it with you / if you want to survive

The dog days are over

The dog days are done
Can you hear the horses
'Cos here they come

Then on the way back I was wondering if I'd actually manage to hit 5k in under 35mins. I'd just had my 3k feedback at nearly 21 minutes, so it was going to be close, but attainable if I really went for it. I want to run faster, but I'm just not sure that it's possible for me yet.

Then I saw this in a shop window -


So I stopped daydreaming, told myself I could do it.. and I did. 5.05k in 34.41. ^_^

3 comments:

  1. Hey Joy, that's amazing! Well done you! And so inspiring :) You can really feel proud of yourself :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Joy, you've done great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woooooo! Congrats girl! and I love Florence and the Machine, always brings a smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete