Tuesday, August 24, 2010

August has been Awesome, September will be shredded.

There's just a week to go, and August will be done. I'm 3/4 of the way through completing the 24 days of activity for Awesome August. I have enjoyed the challenge, and some days having it at the back of my mind has been the extra push I needed to get out and run, or do some strength training. My body is so much fitter than it was even a month ago. It truly feels awesome. So thankyou HealthyLoserGal!

I'm finding that I feel well settled back into the groove of getting healthy. The eating is OK, and the exercise, really like never before I am priotising as highly as the eating. This time it's not simply about getting smaller. It's about getting well. Fit, healthy and able to USE my smaller body.

I'm ready for more challenges, more to push me forwards, further. Who springs to mind when I think of pushing further.. ack. Hey there Jillian. 0_0 Who called you?

The 30 day shred. You know the drill. Workout every day, for 2 minutes, for 30 days. Nearly die. Every day. For 20 minutes. At the end of 30 days feel like She-Ra. At least that's what I've been led to believe.

I started the shred last summer. Naturally, being the flake I am was, I did not finish. I got 33-50% of the way through and stopped. No-one seemed to care, or notice. All was fine, I told myself I'd pick it back up when I had time/space/needed to kickstart weightloss. The idea of becoming stronger didn't grab me.

But now it does. And so when Syl said "come on, I know you want to", I had to hold myself back from jumping out of my seat and sending sleeping toddlers into orbit.

I've bought the dvd (because my old copy only worked on my laptop and, er, died) and a pair of hand weights. I am READY to be shredded.

September 1st I will be taking my measurements and a photo, and posting them here. Every 10 days I'll move up a level, and post a new picture. At the end of the month I will re-measure and see how much of me was shredded over the 30 days.

2 comments:

  1. What is this september shredding you speak of? DVD? Anything I can do too? We can spur each other on, if you don't mind...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeh, it's a dvd, 6 quid off amazon. intense 20min workout - just need handweights. http://www.ehow.com/how_5363883_do-jillian-michaels-day-shred.html :)

    ReplyDelete