Sunday, August 08, 2010

One hour left

until I finish the c25k program.
Pretty huge stuff for me, ms never-finish-what-she-starts. That I have gone out every other night for just under 2 months and run. That's a big achievement, a huge change of mindset, and really pushing myself.

I'm then going to run 5k every other night until I am doing it in under 35minutes. I've also got the bridge to 10k app to start. It's a 6 week program, will most likely start it mid September. I know my sister/running buddy wants to do it too, and she's away for 3 weeks now, so will wait for her to be around before beginning.

Today I took firstborn to the cheapy KidsAM showing of the Tooth Fairy. He loved it, and I loved my treat of a Green & Blacks bar, nom. Did a bit of shopping after, worked out we walked about 7 miles over 3 hours. More than earned the calories for my choccy bar.

This evening I (re)started the 100PushUps challenge. Um, ouch. Went with the middle column and was glad I chose not to push for the 3rd one!! Really want to build muscle in my arms to have toned limbs rather than pale flabby appendages.

Tomorrow the twins and I are off to Detling campsite where my sister, her boyfriend and my brother are camping. Have planned and packed my food for the day, and baked cakes (wheat flour, I won't be tempted) to take to the poor tent-dwellers!

Really beginning to enjoy creating/doing stuff again. For the first time in ages, I have the energy to just have fun. Making those cakes was fun, I may not be any good at it, but I enjoy it. And don't scoff it all after.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS, posted on nostril fitness - want your opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I really admire runners, I want to run but I can't get the motivation to actually get out there/ I think it would be a lot easier if I had someone to run with me but my hubby is lazy (he'll tell me he's sore from work hahaha) oh and by the way those cupcakes are very cute, cupcakes are a huuuge weakness for me. kudos to you for not being tempted : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Elaine, you can do it! ^_^

    Josie, it's not that I'm not tempted! Seem to be in some sort of balanced, controlled mode for now though, so resisting the cupcakes (as long as they aren't wheat free, then I just go crazy!!)

    ReplyDelete