Saturday, August 28, 2010

What a difference a day 24 days make...

Did my push ups today, after getting in from a fun day spent visiting and chatting with a friend who is really being a huge support and inspiration in my bid to get healthy. She's just completed the c25k too and really spurred me on. She's now doing over 6k in sub-35 times!!!!

I have really changed my outlook on exercise. I used to see it as a chore I did to lose weight. Now it's more balanced. I exercise to be healthy and strong. It helps me lose weight, and losing weight means that the exercise I do is more efficient in making me healthy and strong. Yes, I want to be slim, I want to wear nice clothes. But as much as I want that, I want to be strong, I want to be fit.

On Thursday it was a wet day. We were stuck in and bored. The post came, bringing the shred DVD, weights AND the new Wii remotes and nunchuks we've needed. For ages now we've had just one 'working' remote, near death.

We played on Wii fit for the afternoon. Over the course of 6 hours I got 2.5hours of working out in. Yoga, muscle workouts as well as the 'fun stuff'. The kids really enjoyed watching, and were interested in learning about what specific exercises did. So that was my days activity, 622 calories and a Physical Ed lesson all squashed with one nunchuk.

Wednesday it was pissing it down, but I went out anyway, determined to at least try to run. I did my 5k, soaked to the bone and freezing after being pummelled by rain, and full body splashed by a double decker bus. I was out again Friday, despite being shattered and having done strength training.

Today's activity was day 23 of the challenge. Only one day is left now, so after my 5k tomorrow I'll have done it.I do feel awesome!

During the travelling today I walked for 90minutes at least, while carrying one, sometimes both, of the twins. As I was walking up the stairs at the train station on my way home, I remarked to E how out of breath I was. Just a few stairs and my respiratory system was working like it does towards the end of a 5k. I had Anya on my back, and carried Maya in arms up these stairs, and for, at most, 100 metres beforehand. That's an extra weight of 53lbs, a whole 2lb UNDER the weight I was in the summer of 2007. How did I let myself get so incredibly unfit??? Never, ever again.

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing isn't it? My mum lost the weight of one of my brothers - and couldn't believe how she had managed before. She gave him a piggyback around our slimming world group for a taste of what it was like before ;-)

    I see your piggy is silver! Well done again, that's lots of wii fitting!

    ReplyDelete