Thursday, December 09, 2010

enough of the pity party

carry on like that and I was going to have a massive hangover.

Started today by tracking both ProPoints and calories. Am going to use MyFitnessPal to count calories alongside the tracking points, I trust the calorie thing, so it'll stop me fussing and moaning about whether the propoints are going to do the job. Yadda, yadda.

Very healthy (ahem) brekkie of fruit and 2 pumpkin oat ryvita (smothered in Nutella) and I've drunk a litre of water so far, I can do it.

I'm in agony with cramps, kids are so hyper it's ridiculous. Taking the 4 of them out on the icy pavements does not figure high on my list of fun/sane/clever stuff to do, so I haven't much. Leaves me with 4 balls of manic energy bouncing about the flat. Led me to thinking about how much cold winter weather is left, which in turn got me realising how close the end of 2010 is! 0_0

This time last year I was in limbo, trying to get back on track again, hanging about in the 180s, feeling pretty stupid. I had put on 40lbs and felt like I'd failed.


A year previous to that I was weighing the same, mid 180s. But I was on my way down. I felt like I was winning. Over the next few months I kept on winning and by spring I looked and felt really well.

I'm going to aim for that mindset again. Yes, as far as weightloss goes the last year has been a case of one step forward, two steps back. Off the scales though I have achieved a lot. My body is fitter and stronger than it's been in years. I've stopped isolating myself, and my moods/coping mechanisms are hugely improved. Panic attacks are not a regular part of my daily life.


So, I'm setting myself a goal. To reach 180lbs again for Kai's 4th birthday mid January. It worked well for me last time!

No comments:

Post a Comment