Tuesday, July 19, 2011

C25K week 1 day 1 - Just Do It

Three weeks ago I was in agony all day long. I could barely hobble about the flat, and going downstairs was excruciating. My legs felt like they were on fire, my upper feet like they would snap any moment. I hadn't run, properly, in months. My health was at an (all time?) low. I was on GP prescribed anti-inflammatory drugs to try to minimise the pain, but they did very little.

Since starting back on weightwatchers I've felt the urge to get back into exercise, but I've been scared. What if I injured myself? What if I fail? What if I don't then have the energy to manage day to day?

Last week I eased into walking over 10,000 steps a day. I did it. Then I attempted a 30 min session of yoga, then 60 minutes, then 90...

This evening I'd got to around 7,500 steps at 7pm. Suddenly another of Jayne's wall posts came to mind:


Yes, I'm going to be slow, it may hurt, I won't always get it right - but I'm beating the crap out of the me who sat getting fatter and fatter and stuck in a self made trap of pain.


The box with my new Nike Lunarglides was right in front of me, screaming JUST DO IT I've had them and kept them for when I'm 'running properly' again. Today I began running properly. Took the pristine new shoes over to the wet boggy Nature Reserve. I was slow, breathless and red-faced, but I did it!





Tuesday -
12289/4404steps (5.1miles)
32/32 propoints & 18/49 weekly (1842/1250 cals)

2 comments:

  1. WOOOOOOHHHH!!! GO JOY - YOU ROCK

    ElaineXX

    ReplyDelete