Saturday, July 09, 2011

Violet

You should learn when to go
You should learn how to say no

Might last a day yeah

Mine is forever

 (Violet - Hole)

Tattoo #1 today, to celebrate my first stone lost. This first stone has gone quickly (7 days is quick, yeah?) Already though I know I've learnt how to stop, how to look elsewhere when I'm struggling and not resort to food. 7 days is not long, but I know this is just the first week of the rest of ever that I'll have to do this.

Violet Butterfly. For hitting 15.5stone. Another 6 stone to go until a healthy 9.5, and another six butterflies planned; indigo, blue, green, yellow, orange and red. One for each stone.

The rainbow is a symbol of hope and a promise. It's a symbol of the hope I have for myself, and the promise I'm making to get and stay healthy. The butterfly is a symbol of change 'metamorphosis' - from a fat grub to an extraordinary, beautiful creature.

Already I don't feel like a grub, I'm feeling the change. So I don't want to wait to hit a healthy weight to get celebratory ink. I want to celebrate the change as it happens, I want to celebrate the journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment