Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Indigo

And I saw you crashing in
And saw you crack a smile

.........
Coz you're my little indigo girl
Its a beautiful world when you are around



(Indigo Girl - Watershed)





Indigo Butterfly. For hitting 14.5stone. Another 5 stone to go until a healthy 9.5. ^_^ The butterflies are working too - this week I had a couple people ask if I was close to #2 yet!



Tattoo #2 today, to celebrate my second stone lost. Over the last 4 weeks I've felt myself begin to enjoy life more. Going out, seeing friends, forgetting about (or at least choosing to not think about) my weight and just jumping in and getting on with living. Realising that although I feel worthless and disgusting, there are people who love me and honestly do like me being about. Refusing to 'do' life hasn't just been hurting me. I'm not putting life on hold just until I'm good enough, anymore. I'm good enough now.

2 comments:

  1. Sally (kiwimum@tbw)8/02/2011 3:21 pm

    You go girl! You're doing brilliantly Joy, and not just in the physical sense, I'm just as proud of your emotional/psychological achievements too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Sally! Really appreciate you checking in ^_^ Yes, I think the not-so-visible changes are way more amazing, very excited at the shift that's going on.

    ReplyDelete