Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Lost the weight of a thing

'The Things' aka Maya and Anya now weigh around 31lbs each at 3 years old. I am 31lbs down from my top weight of 232lbs. Though I do still carry them occasionally, the idea of lugging one of the girls about with me wherever I go is not a nice one! Yet, just a month ago I was!

After posting about needing to wear dress #14 last week, I was reminded that I had already worn a 14th dress - at my sister's wedding.

Dress 14 27+244

It was a size 20, flesh coloured, floor length, thing. I was near tears at the thought of wearing it for weeks. Of course I had my period and bloated so any chance of it fitting went out the window. Instead I spent the day with the zip forced just far enough so the too tight bolero covered the open back, then had to safety pin the bolero to the front to keep the boob portion up. I felt so disgusting, the shortest, oldest, fattest one wearing the same dress as the childless, slim friends of my sister. I was gutted.

Now I've lost the weight of a Thing, I decided to try on the sausage skin, and it fits (and it still looks awful on me).

3 comments:

  1. Bridesmaid dresses are suposed to look crap - makes the bride look hot innit? ;-)

    Exx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh yes. Of this I was *very* aware. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, just realised I've replied right back to old posts and now will have to trawl back to see if you've replied to me! lol

    Exx

    ReplyDelete