Friday, September 09, 2011

S.M.A.R.T

My leader has posted on her facebook status this week

What are your SMART goals? Specific. Measurable. Achievable. Realistic. Timed. I want to be in my smaller jeans, comfortably by November!

I answered that I wanted to be running 10k again for the new year.

Then I flicked through the 'your week' booklet that's handed out at meeting, and there was a spread page on setting SMART goals. So I did!

Specific - I want to be at the 'healthy' BMI range for my height & be fit.
Measurable - I'll know I'm achieving weightloss success because I'll be back in size 10-12 and running 10k.
Achievable - I aim to lose 2lbs a week, also following running plans.
(Realistic) Rewarding - I will reward myself with my butterfly ink every stone weight lost, cupcake ink at 75lbs off.
Timed - I will achieve my goal by Valentines day (my 10th with Sam) - 23 weeks to lose 48lbs and to complete another 42 runs to take me to 10k.



Didn't end up having my driving lesson today, and it'd been 3 days since I last ran. Was due to run w5d3, which is the psychological hurdle of the c25k program. To go from running two 8 minute intervals to a single 20 minute run, seems a massive jump when a week before I've struggled to manage 3 and 5 minutes. The only time I've got past week 5, I did the first two days of week 6 (running 10 two times, then 8, 5, 8) before attempting the 20. Today I set out, aware that the shred has knackered my knees. I chose to be S.M.A.R.T with it, and set my iPod to the final run of week 5.

I'm so pleased that I was brave in taking that first step, it went really well, not too challenging but a good workout. When I kept running for every second and heard the voice announce 'cooldown' I felt like a rockstar.

Eat that, fear!

Friday - 
10617/4793 steps (4.4 miles)
30/30 propoints (1259/1200 cals)

No comments:

Post a Comment