Sunday, October 23, 2011

No surprises

I love how very obvious I am when I fall off plan. It's never a little thing.

For 2 weeks now I've not tracked, or stayed off wheat, or drank enough water, or worked out, or blogged.

Realised yesterday I was at that point, where I need to do something *now* or it'll lead to a spiral of doom. That's melodramatic, but totally true.

I put too much importance on hitting the 50lbs off for my birthday 4 weeks ago. When it didn't happen I went a bit mad. I've not made specific targets for myself that I *know* I can reach. Saying I'll lose X by Z is difficult, because at the end of the day, I can ensure that my weight is going down, but never choose how much. It's not an exact enough science!

I'd been thinking that I could skip weigh in tomorrow as my mum is away anyway, and claw back to where I was, then try to hit 50lbs off for the front of November. Once there I could have a 'reward' yadda yadda...

What I NEED is to get back on it now. So I need to look at what I am letting hold me back.


  • Not tracking - so reloaded the app (it had been so long it had crashed :s) and tracked breakfast properly.
  • Not staying off wheat - I know that this is so important, I stay of wheat I feel better, I eat better, I move more. Simple. Have chucked out wheaty naughties, all gone, only my clean, good foods left for me now.
  • Not drinking my water - have started the day with a pint of water instead of a latte. Must go to the tap and not the coffee machine when I fancy a drink!
  • Blogging - going to make myself check in every day again until it's all fallen into place.
  • Not working out. This one is where I'm going to reward myself NOW, for making the choice to get back up. After the shred I want to be using weights more, and with it being dark by the time Sam is home I don't feel safe running (roads here are busy and pavements narrow) so I'm off to join a gym this afternoon. 0_0 

I'm hoping to go 4/5 times a week, for 90mins. It's a monthly membership, so if I'm being unrealistic in thinking I have the time, I'm not tied to a contract.
Not looking forward to feeling flabby and a n00b, but I want to use their stuff, so I gotta go.

3 comments:

  1. Well done for catching it before it got out of hand. Looking forward to hearing all about the gym. I've not been running as much as normal. Had a horrid run last Sunday, hurty knees and slow. But it was the start of getting me going again and a week on todays run was much better.

    sebbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Let's clink our water glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you posted - I've noticed that when you don't blog you're not necessarily doing as well as you'd hoped so I was worried! Yay for the gym membership - go melt that nasty fat :D

    Lozza

    ReplyDelete