Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Ugh. Ugh. Hanging on by the skin of my teeth.

It's been a shitfest of a month, November.

Got back on track and felt good, had done a good first week in the gym, had a decent loss and felt ok. Then husbeast came home and told me he'd been made redundant. Again.

I did well the first day. Went out and smashed out the anger/fear/sadness in the gym. But then panic set in and I hid at home eating. Missed weigh in the next week as I was ill (read run down, stressed and sulking) and continued to not move much and eat crap.

Last week I went and faced the music. Had gained 8lbs which was totally deserved. Then went and gigged at smashing pumpkins and ate too much, but felt ok. We've worked out a temp job for Sam, I'd decided I couldn't let myself fall into the trap of thinking that stopping living was less painful than pushing through.

On Friday my period arrived, so I felt rubbish-er, ate wheat and copious amounts of chocolate and put on another 2lbs.

Ugh.

BUT. I went to group yesterday, I tracked, I went to the gym (I'm headed there again in an hour) and I know I am back in a good place, after a fortnight of stress, illness, hormones and it being that time of year.

Sam will be back working again in a couple of weeks, I can keep my weightwatchers and gym membership and I've ONLY gained 10lbs. It's not a small amount, but it's nothing compared to what it could be if I hid and pretended I didn't mind (again).

I still have 6 weeks until 2012 arrives. I could chuck a stone off by then easy, hit the 50lb mark that's been looming for months now! Break that halfway barrier. I'm sure if the energy I feel now gets going that I'll manage more than that. I would LOVE to go into 2012 out of  the 'obese' range. We'll see!

Monday-
30PP earned 16AP
17414 steps/7.25 miles


10 minutes warm up on the bike @ 90rpm
a minute stretching ^_^
15 minutes cross trainer @ 9kmph up & downhill
8 minutes rowing machine
3 x 12 reps chest press 25 kg
3 x 12 reps row 30 kg
3 x 12 reps shoulder press 12.5 kg
3 x 12 reps leg press 50 kg

1 x 12 reps pull down 35kg
5 minutes recline bike @ 65rpm

2 minutes stretching

No comments:

Post a Comment