Friday, July 06, 2012

Just Keep Moving Forward

My friend Jayne, who is a constant source of inspiration to me, posted this blog on Facebook just now. Often Jayne posts stuff at times that just *work* for where I am, and this is no different.

I want to start running again, I hate that people will see me and judge me.

Reading this blog post. I am struck my this quote -


Say what you will but I got off my ass and did it.
And I consistently do it. I do it for me, not you …and I Inspire and amaze myself every day at how far I am able to push my body mentally [and] physically. I feel bad for people who can’t look at any picture of ANY athlete and not be inspired.
Honestly, hearing how this photo has inspired folks, I hope it goes viral!  I want everyone to know that it IS ok to be any size and still compete.
I don’t hear [the] negativity, only the passion I have in my head and heart to achieve anything I set my mind to. 


So exactly the kind of thinking I needed. Pulling out the positive affirmations, and tomorrow I'm sticking these notes around my home -


I don't hear the negativity.
I got off my ass and did it.
I do it for me, not you.
I inspire and amaze myself every day.
It IS ok to be any size and still compete.
I have passion in my head and heart to achieve anything I set my mind to.


... and tomorrow I'm going for a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment