Wednesday, October 03, 2012

No blog DOESN'T mean no good

for the first time that I can remember anyway! I've been quite quiet here, but have been on track the last week.

Monday night I went and made 20 omelettes with the Beavers, which put me off eating any more that day!! Had a good, fast walk up the hill (just over a mile walk up a steep hill with Seth, done in 20minutes ^_^)

Tuesday was a busy one - took Kai to his first of 4 group occupational therapy sessions, lots of moving about on the floor and rolling him around for an hour, then get over to his rugby session for 45 minutes, then home and walk up the hill again (my legs!)

Wednesday was my BIRTHDAY. My last twenty-something birthday too. Spent the day mooching, went for coffee, went to buy a bird feeder for the garden and some bulbs to plant (reminds me I need to buy compost..) and then over to Redhill for more coffee. Did go to the gym in the evening, and gifted myself a 'distance rather than speed' workout.

Cycle cascades bike mode L10 10min (4.3km)
Treadmill hill l vl8 15min 1.35km meters 21
Row lvl 10 1009 4.35min

Shoulder press 20kg 3x12
Fly  40kg 3x12
Leg press 62.5kg 3x12
Leg extension 42.5kg 3x12
Abductor 49kg 3x12
Adductor 28kg (l5) 3x12
Pull down 40kg 3x12

As well as my fab custom converse from the kids, and a hello kitty espresso machine (!) I was given enough birthday cash to buy myself a new pair of running shoes. My lunerglides were really dying, and it was getting to the point that I wouldn't be able to gym with them.

Had a *really* lazy day on Thursday, just stayed in and pottered about cleaning the flat - and the same on Friday though Seth had swimming to get to. By Friday afternoon I was feeling really cross and irritable. Think not exercising now is not doable without major-grumpiness.

Their cake, not mine!
Saturday was Bazaaz. The m25 was closed, so we had 3 hours of coach journey there and back. Out from 8am-6pm with 11 beavers all rushing about and doing archery, climbing walls, laser quest, zorbing etc.. For the adults there was lots of walking about, queueing and head-counting for me. The weather was good though, and I was busy so happy.

Sunday I stayed with the girls at home while Sam took the boys to rugby, after clearing up we went over to Knole park in Sevenoaks with my parents and had a good mooch about the grounds. Realised how much fitter I am, even though I have a long long way to go to 'healthy' - I walked about and chased/carried the girls without thinking about it. There was no pain, not enough to make me have to stop anyway. Just so nice, and if I keep improving at this rate it will be so amazing. I have to remember this when I reach for the food to 'treat' myself. Dog walk and a cuppa. Lovely ^_^

Monday I knew I'd stayed the same, and *needing a gym session, I missed meeting to get to the gym at 8am. Spent 2 hours there and felt so good for it.

Cycle bike mode L10 10min 90rpm (4.25km)
Treadmill hill lvl 9 15min 1.40km meters 30
Row lvl 10 1033 4.30min

Shoulder press 20kg 3x12
Fly  40kg 3x12
Leg press 65kg 3x12
Leg extension 42.5kg 3x12
Abductor 49kg 3x12
Adductor 28kg (l5) 3x12
Pull down 40kg 3x12

Need to get back to c25k and running, but my shins are still aching. May take it back to week 3 and see how I go. Spent Monday doing bill paying and food shopping. The kids are really getting into fruit, and my shopping this week has included dragonfruit, pineapple, papaya, mangoes, cantaloupe, honeydew and watermelon, as well as our usual berries, bananas and apples. Have been having to split shop between 3 places to get the best prices.
In the evening I had a walk through the woods with Beavers for an hour, finding and identifying berries, nuts and leaves, as well as litter picking. Then went back up to the gym for an hour of Aqua fit. My quads!

Tuesday (yesterday) was back to hospital with Kai for his OT group. He was the only one to show today (there's a whole rant there about 15month long waiting list and limited spaces and parents just not turning up and not allowing others to take up services...) so we had an hour tailored to him. Lots of deep pressure exercises (read - me doing lots of squishing him, bouncing, crawling and rolling about) for an hour. Then rugby for an hour and me being the only parent to help out, again (seriously, other parents - when the coach says please help, get off your bum) and play 'stuck in the ruck' and 'what's the time referee?' Dropped Kai off with Sam and  was straight on a train up to Shepherd's Bush to queue to see Fun. (and Walk The Moon)

A couple of Jack Daniels' and 3 hours of bouncing along to a really REALLY good show, and I was off home. Got in just before I turned into a pumpkin and had a GOOD long sleep.

And here I am today! Tracking, living, getting fitter and healthier and staying as sane as I am meant to be. Plan for today is housework, spending time with my hooligans and clearing their room again then gym tonight. Have amended my asda order for tomorrow and am about to tackle the laundry pile - washer just clicked open. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment