Thursday, November 22, 2012

Hang on a minute grrrl, why aren't you running?

So today was one of those hump days, the whether sucked. The kids were happy to stay in and read/game/draw, and I had cleaning to do.

By the evening I had got a lot done, but hardly moved, and felt quite stroppy.

As I scrolled through my Facebook feed, I saw a post from the Spartan Race page. Started me wondering when there would next be a Spartan sprint in SE England, and whether it would be something I could do..

The 5km Spartan Sprint will take place in 9 months' time. About 6 miles away from my home. I *have* to go. I need to.

It's already 50% full, I am going to gift myself a place once I am running 5k again. Looking at the c25k plan, if I run 3 times a week, I should be there by new year. To start 2013 by buying myself a spot in a Spartan race? THAT would feel awesome.

So, once we'd had dinner and the rain had calmed a little, I set out to run week 4, 3 runs of 4mins, 6mins, 4mins. I was a little nervous. I felt a bit tired and sulky, and haven't 'run' in a week or two. It was windy.. blah blah.

It felt great. I could do it, I felt that potentially I could have kept going to 5k. I hit 2.35 miles (75% of 5k) in 28 minutes. I am committing to running 3x a week now, and hitting 5k by the end of the year. I feel excited about where my body is right now. The difference since summer is beginning to hit me. I am halfway to where I want to be, and already I do feel really, really good. Rather than simply looking forward to being smaller/healthier, I am enjoying it right NOW.

29/29 ProPoints
1.5 litres
ran/walked - 3.4 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment