Wednesday, November 07, 2012

humpday put to good use

Woke up tired. You know those days when you've slept well enough, you've had an extra snooze even because the kids slept in. You're warm enough, don't need a pee... but just getting up takes too much effort.

That was me this morning. Flailed about for twenty minutes trying to put a fruit and flapjack breakfast in front of the kids. Made them drinks and sorted vitamins and then hid in the bathroom. After a few minutes I realised it stank of cats in there, found an empty upturned litter tray that one of them (Jasper) had weed in a few times, cleaned that out and then did the whole bathroom. Once the smell of bleach hit my nostrils I was awake and off.

Cleaned through the kitchen, got laundry hung and more on, dishwasher cleaned and filter washed out. Then cracked on with the humpday food making session..


  • Baked a tray of banana flapjack. 
  • Prepared dough for ciabatta loaves. 
  • Made choco-banana seed muffins. 
  • Got a ham on to slow cook with ginger, to go with the loaves for tomorrow.
  • Made a gluten free Quiche!

I have never made quiche before, and was a bit nervous. But I got the halflings to help me and it turned out really well!

Using a recipe I found on BBC goodfood - Gordon Ramsay's Rocket, Mushroom & Bacon Quiche I substituted gluten free flour. 
Using the ingredients listed, the quiche would be 150 propoints. I tweaked it, using semi skimmed milk, cheddar, low fat creme fraiche and a low cal spray to cook the veg/in the flan case. Using the spray instead of 6 tablespoons of olive oil saved 18 pp alone!
My version was 96 propoints for the whole quiche. Cut into 12 servings it's only 8 propoints a serving ^_^ and really yummy.



By about 4pm I felt really tired again. Sat down with a cup of tea and nearly dozed off as the kids played. Had to get up and pep-talk myself into doing something to stay awake. Drew fireworks pictures with black paper and chalk with the smalls, and decided that tonight I *had* to do a run, regardless of whether at gym or not. My body was *wilting* from lack of activity.

By the time Sam got home at 7pm, I had a headache coming. Took some Anadin with dinner (YUM) and chugged a pint of water.. was ready for the gym at 8pm, and my dad said he wanted to be quick so I was even more determined to do my c25k run and weights, and do cardio circuit tomorrow morning.

5min vo2 max 34.2 - .45km
Treadmill c25k w4 20min - 2.41km

Shoulder press 25kg 3x12
Fly  47.5kg 3x12
Leg press 75kg 3x12
Leg extension 45kg 3x12
Abductor 56kg 3x12
Adductor 35kg (l5) 3x12
Pull down 45 kg 3x12

I feel SO much better post gym. Headache is gone, I feel awake and capable again. Phew. Need to manage my energy better - if I feel low, MOVE.

30/30 propoints
1.5 litres water
walked/ran - 3.78 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment