Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Humpday

Wednesday is such a weird day - I really do feel in limbo in the middle of the week - with 'activities' scheduled every weekday *but* Wednesday, it was a day where I used to sit in my PJs, eating vast amounts of crap and watching TV. While I made sure that the 'crap' was stuff I'd baked with the kids, and the TV was a new film/ recorded documentaries we talked about, it wasn't 'good' for my physical health.

Now Wednesdays are still 'mooching' days, but I get the house cleaned, the paperwork sorted. I sit close by and snuggle with the kids as they watch TV, and I get work done (paying bills, planning scout bits, meal planning/shopping, folding clothes, etc) I bake with them, but don't eat it. I'll make dinners from scratch and eat the 'correct' portion size.

Today I received my certificate for last weeks' biggest loser, and got on with finishing Rachael's, as well as printing out a hard copy of my Christmas Trees with the coloured in baubles for every pound lost on the 15 week lead up to New Year - my kitchen cupboards are a colourful, motivating sight for me now. Really a lot better than the 'fat photos' I put up a year or two back. That was just cruel, horrid idea.

Embracing being a MASSIVE LOSER.


Got the kitchen cleaned, and blitzed the oven. Did last weeks Nature Detectives work with the kids and then went for a walk to the village green to post bits, ran through muddy puddles with the halflings, and they LOVED that I did. Realised about 5 minutes into our run (down the alleyway that runs down the back of some allotments) that I was having fun, playing with the kids, not winded. Oy, that feels good. 

Still feeling tired and cold by late afternoon/early evening.. but figure that's less to do with *me* and more that it is winter, I am not hiding from it, but the dark evenings and colder temperatures are supposed to make us feel tired and hungry. I've bought myself a pressie to help me when I get the urge to snack early evening.

I *love* satsumas, I really do. Can't stand any other orange fruit. Though I love the taste of Clementines, the pips drive me bonkers. Tangerines are WRONG. Satsumas are the bestest ever. But if I buy them they languish at the bottom of the fruit bowl, unseen.

So I bought myself (for my 'thing in the kitchen to aid my healthy eating' 3 stone prize) a cupcake stand, for to hold my citrus fruit!

It's working, when I get the snackish feeling, I grab 2 of these and a pint of water, it keeps my hands and gob happy for 15 minutes.

Headed to the gym with my dad this evening, said he wanted to be quick as he's travelling tomorrow, so I went for it on the bike, and decided to try to 'catch up' after skipping some weights on Monday..

Cycle lvl 5 Around The World 20min 11.22km (10k - 17:58 PB)

Shoulder press 25kg 3x12
Fly  50kg 5x12
Leg press 75kg 3x12
Leg extension 47.5kg 3x12
Adductor 35kg 5x12
Abductor 56kg 5x12

Was so HAPPY and so, so sweaty, to get that personal best for 10km, under 18 minutes felt so good.

29/29 ProPoints
1.5 litres
10.4 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment