Friday, December 21, 2012

Crampy, but still here ^_^

Ugh, woke up crampy and aching. Glad the run last night wasn't with these legs! Still, got on with the day happily, considering the world had not ended.

Being that I have never dressembered during Apocalypse before, I figured I needed to wear something appropriate. I'd already worn my zombie dress last Sunday. Then I remembered my beautiful petal pink version of the same print, bought in a smaller size a couple years ago, but never worn as I've never fit it.

Tried it on, and YAY. Perfect pink 'pocalypse dress.

snack a jacks, my doomsday snack of choice..
My throat is a bit sore, and I have a slight cough. I knew I was meant to do dips today, but figured the dress was on, I'd do them after the gym that night. Wasn't sure if my dad would go, but decided that I'd go by train to the partner gym if not.

Started cooking the pork for over this weekend, made soup for myself and a tray of flapjack for the others. The post arrived and with it came a certificate for me from Rachael, for week 10 of our biggest loser challenge! 2 weeks left to go, and I've really enjoyed having my friend to work alongside. It's been a real motivator, got to work out what we can do next. Oh, just had an idea then actually... we're off to see Eddie Izzard in May, gives us around 4 months to 'Get ready for Eddie' haha! I'll have around 30lbs to be a healthy weight, losing around 1.6lb a week would get me there. Epic.

Late afternoon my mum came up quickly to give me this CUTE stainless steel water bottle - perfect for at the gym, I love it. Had planned to get myself one as a 4th stone present next week, she beat me to it!!


While we were chatting outside a van pulled up, and my kettlebell was handed to me - woohoo. Had the email today confirming my sessions in January. Am glad I chose to go for the 6kg and not 8kg straight away, did a few swings and am sure 45 minutes of that will be plenty enough to start!!


My dad was up for the gym, despite also having the voice-stealing throat bug, soon as Sam was in the door I was off to go lift things. Even while ill and crampy, I feel so, so much better for the workout.

Cycle lvl 5 around the world 30mins 15.06km

Shoulder press 25kg 3x12
Fly  50kg 3x12
Leg press 75kg 3x12
Leg extension 47.5kg 3x12
Adductor 35kg 3x12
Abductor 56kg 3x12
Pulldown 45kg 3x12

and then, as my dad was still finishing on the treadmill, I thought I might as well get those dips done then and there...


Week 2 Day 3 Level 3 : Total Reps - 98
Sets - 21, 20, 16, 16, (25+)
performed +2 on last set - Total Reps - 100


oh my jelly arms. Home and feeling very good about working out, despite the period cramps, and the sore throat.. I will sleep well.

28/28 ProPoints
2 litres
10.6 miles

2 comments:

  1. Oh my. I did kettle bells once and it was killer and AWESOME. I wish you the best of luck.

    I need some way of connecting my locker key to my water bottle - that looks like a great bottle. Well done Joy's mum : )

    I am SO up for GetReadyForEddie : D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never done kettlebells. I am scared, and a bit excitable! Want the benefits of weight & aerobic exercises though, so it makes sense.

      The bottle is ace. No jiggly key noises - very pleased.

      GetReadyForEddie in 8 days. Wooo.

      Delete