Saturday, December 01, 2012

Dressember, Advent, cutting Apples..

Up and out this morning to the gym. Not truly early, but even at 7.45am it went below freezing. Brrr.

Cystitis still playing up too, and found myself really struggling with the bike. As I knew we were planning on a swim in the afternoon, I just did a quick 5km, then set to using the weights.

Cycle lvl 5 Around The World 10min 5.05km

Shoulder press 25kg 3x12
Fly  50kg 3x12
Leg press 75kg 3x12
Leg extension 47.5kg 3x12
Adductor 35kg 3x12
Abductor 56kg 3x12
Pulldown 45kg 5x12 

Got home in time to open the kids' advent calendar with them. They've got a fab calendar from Good Gifts - I'm fed up with the Christmas consumer crap, have been for so long. Really am wanting to change the way I think about comforting myself/feeling fulfilled. Wanting for my kids to have healthy motivations too.

Seeing the happiness they felt, hearing about the difference the gift of water purification tablets would make, I felt it too. Way better than a cheap piece of chocolate.

I had time to shower and get dress #1 on, before heading out to shop with my parents. Grabbed some woolly leggings for under dresses, new winter hats, as well as a new calendar, and supplies for end of term stuffs (need to do a Nature walk, plant a tree and make a Christingle, by Monday. Eek)


Grabbed a latte and pack of baked crisps while out, and once back home again had twenty minutes to turn around before we were off to the swimming pool. I needed to see if the girls would let go of me and walk around in the 0.9m pool for classes next term. They were ACE. Seth swam around without us quite happily, Kai loves the water and stayed close enough that it was fairly relaxing. The girls both went underwater, and bounced around without clinging on. Both tried floating, both climbed in and out alone and went down a slide. It was SO much fun, and something I would be missing out on right now if I hadn't lost the weight. Just amazing.

Shiny new toy
Not sure how the weight loss is going this week, am guessing 3 out of 5 weeks on my period has inflamed stuff in order to have brought on the cystitis, and my body is feeling a bit slower/weaker. Realised today when at the gym that yes, I am not 100%, and on weeks where that happens, I must just try to do my best, tread water.

So I am doing what I can to keep myself floating.

Found an apple corer today, have wanted one for a while, and bought it. Meant that I had an easy grab tea (cheese and apple) when I got in, and sat sorting out the diaries/syncing calendars for the next term while munching Granny Smiths'. My eating has been good, really good, so I am hoping that the fat is being used and muscles built, if a little slower than I'd like. Will find out soon enough!


29/29 ProPoints
1.5 litres
9 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment