Wednesday, December 26, 2012

LOSING weight over Christmas...

Oh wow. Food EVERYWHERE.

No wonder we find it hard to eat properly around this time of year.


Christmas Day -
27/27 ProPoints
2 litres
0.8 miles. 0_0

Week 3 Day 1 Level 3 : Total Reps - 103
Sets - 18, 23, 18, 18, (26+)
performed +1 on last set - Total Reps - 104

Woke up after a few hours not-great kip and did my dips before we took the smalls downstairs to do presents. Avoided chocolates and lattes and sugary cereal and toasts and spreads. Instead ate my snack a jacks and satsuma that I'd packed and drank tea with my skim milk.

We barely moved all day long. I did very much enjoy my 'tea' of a cuppa with iced mince pies!

Ate my planned food, and felt so tired because it was much higher carb than usual. Was really glad to get home and out of the calorie laden environment, though we had fun and I stuck to my plan, I do find doing not much and having all the junk around hard to manage still.

Boxing Day -
27/27 ProPoints
2 litres
4.5 miles.

Decided it made sense to get out and run this morning while I knew I could, and it wasn't raining. Was the last run of week 7, 3 more runs until I compete the c25k this time. Did 8 minutes walk and 27 minutes running and covered just over 5k. :) Woohoo. Am very hopeful that my goal to run 5k next Saturday is totally possible.

Had the in-laws plus Sam's godpaents over for an hour, then my parents and brother came for Boxing day lunch. Made pulled pork, sweet potatoes and salad, and ate my tracked, planned amounts. Am pleased that I have a) enjoyed all the seasonal fare I wanted and b) stuck to plan at the same time.

Got on the scales after my run, and saw I'd dropped weight from Monday. Fairly pleased with that...


Now for the maths: 3500 kcals = 1 pound of fat. There are an average of 14 indulgent days over the entire six-week period. The average person consumes 4500 kcals + of excess food PER DAY during this period.
14 days x 4500 kcals = 63,000 surplus calories = 18 pounds of fat.


Over the last 3 days I've not eaten the excess 13,500 kcals, and so have avoided 4LBS of weight gain. Wowza.
My brother, not so much. He's 'not tracking over Christmas'. The reindeer. (Chrimbo version of an ass, no?)




No comments:

Post a Comment