Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Staying 'on plan' when being able to plan is not easy..


It's a good week to have the WeightWatchers New Approach fresh in mind.

They're imlplementing new tools into the plan.

1. Track - be accountable for what you eat, and be able to make healthy, filling food choices.
2. Managing Places - having plans for making your environment one in which you are not triggered to eat.
3. Routines - putting together new habits, that mean you will eat well, sit less.

I have a week full of places that could take me a bit off plan..

As I was planned to be out Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights, I'd miss aquafit & swimming, and 2 of my 3 weekly gym sessions. I was also going over to Mum-In-Law's for dinner Tuesday. And Saturday morning - Sunday night I am away, travelling to Leicester for a party.

Ahahahahahaha. Yes, setting myself up well there. Ahem.

So. Had to do some serious planning to keep on track. I can enjoy myself and have a great time, without letting myself be opened up to being caught in a trigger trap.

Monday night, I worked out with my brother to get to Aquafit just after the Christingle service. He met me after the service and took Seth home from the church for me, so I had time to get myself to the gym. That meant an hour of Aquafit and 20 lengths done that I would have missed. I explained to my mum that I wasn't going to be able to gym Weds/Fri, and she offered to gym Tues/Thurs with me instead. We went to the gym this morning, and I'll get my 3rd session done on Thursday night, so I won't miss out on any workouts at all.
 I was prepared for the dinner tonight to be not friendly for ProPoints. Sam found out that dinner was jacket spuds, cauliflower cheese and sausages, and asked his mum put on a mountain of 0 point vegetables for me, so I stayed within my ProPoints.
 I'm intending to run on Saturday while in Leicester, and eat a Nandos' dinner before the party. I am going to set aside daily points for booze for both Friday and Saturday nights, and pre-plan my eating at the weekend, before I go. Take away decisions in the moment, and I can't make the wrong decisions in that moment.

I am hopeful that despite two nights out and a weekend away this week, I will have a GOOD week, both life-wise, and at the scale.

Got out early to the gym this morning, didn't push too hard on the cardio, as yet again the monthly bag of woe is visiting. (Monthly? Fortnightly...)

Cycle lvl 5 spin 10min 3.66km
Treadmill hillwalk 10min 1km 29meters
Fit test 5.5kph 0.45km 32.5

Shoulder press 25kg 3x12
Fly  50kg 3x12
Leg press 75kg 3x12
Leg extension 47.5kg 3x12
Adductor 35kg 3x12
Abductor 56kg 3x12
Pulldown 45kg 3x12

Went over to Reigate with Sam and the kids, to take Kai to his Rugbytots (only 2 sessions left after today!) Then go down to Priory Park to look around at Skating In The Park and visit brother-in-law, Tim, at his Mobile Pizzeria. We're hoping to go back next week and skate - which will help me tick off one of my '30 things!'.

Enjoyed dinner, got home LATE, by the time the kids were in bed and everything settled it was, well, now. After midnight and I am tired. Ready for a good sleep and a quieter day tomorrow before my night out to see Florence!!

28/28 ProPoints
1.5 litres
9.45 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment