Friday, December 28, 2012

Super Sprint Triathlon Test day

Gym last night after nearly a week with no gym was fun interesting not as easy as it had been. Haha! Was good to get back though, especially as I was planning to do my super sprint triathlon test tonight, and then won't get to do cardio & weights again until Monday. Was pleased at how it didn't feel particularly hard after a week off. Though I guess that means I could push it all a bit, I'm happy to focus on running and incorporating kettlebells in a few weeks.

Cycle lvl 5 around the world - 15k in 30 min

Shoulder press 25kg 3x12
Fly  45kg 3x12
Leg press 75kg 3x12
Leg extension 47.5kg 3x12
Adductor 35kg 3x12
Abductor 56kg 3x12
Pulldown 45kg 3x12

Got home and cracked on with my dips. Am really glad I set myself a 3 weeks plan for over the holidays, it's keeping me on track. Halfway through the 'danger zone', and feeling fine. (More importantly, am enjoying the seasonal food/company, without being unhealthy, whoot).

Week 3 Day 2 Level 3 : Total Reps - 128
Sets - 26, 32, 19, 19, (32+)
performed +3 on last set - Total Reps - 131

Thursday -
27/27 ProPoints
2 litres
13 miles

Today I had planned to do my super sprint triathlon distances, back to back, at the gym. I made 4 resolutions 8 weeks ago, that I wanted to achieve BEFORE the New Year. I am 3lbs off the first, a couple of runs of the second, have achieved the third.. Completing a 10km/2.5km/400m Super Sprint was the last of them. I was a little worried at how I'd do.

Took the ride at an easy pace, though after doing 15km last night, and having done NO cycling for the week before, I struggled to get my 10km in a good time, then ran the 2.5km at just over 7min per km. The swim was actually the easiest part (though the water was COLD!) i could have kept going quite happily.

10km bike - 19:50
2.5km run - 18:00
400m swim - 15:00

Super Sprint Triathlon in 52:50. Whoop. Nicely under the 1 hour goal I'd set myself.

Going to focus on running for a bit, and getting distance up to 10km. As well as continuing to gym, and taking my kettlebells class. Once I feel settled with the running, I'll look at increasing distance ready to do a sprint Triathlon next autumn. ^_^


Friday -
27/27 ProPoints
2 litres
10 miles



No comments:

Post a Comment