Thursday, December 06, 2012

The day I ate all my weekly points. But didn't binge :/

Weird day today. I am still feeling weird about it.

I am ill. I have cystitis, and it hurts. It's meaning I get less sleep, and my body is not properly relaxed.
I am tired. Less sleep + busy week + basic job of being a mum.
I am cold. Because it IS cold. And instead of eating hearty pies and casseroles and chocolates and roasted EVERYTHING. I am tracking and eating high protein and working out 5-8 times a week.

So. Mid morning I had not yet planned lunch, and decided that, actually, I really wanted a big bowl of flapjack mix. I had oats left from making the family's weekly traybakes, and so I made it. Then sat and ate half of it.

At lunchtime I ate more, with an apple. Instead of my planned lunch.

At 5pm I realised that I needed to track having eaten the amount I had, before I ate the last 1/4. I worked out the ProPoints value of it. 58 for the whole mix. 0_0

So I ate the last 1/4, and decided that was dinner. I had gym later, so could feed the family whatever they wanted (Roast chicken it turned out) and then head out to gym earlier.

OK, so I ate a large amount. But it wasn't a binge. It didn't feel like a binge. I didn't mind sharing it with the girls. I didn't hide it. I measured it and made a mindful choice to eat it. I put it away when full each time. I noted feeling physical hunger before I ate, and no hunger once finished. I didn't feel any desire to find any other foods to eat as well, even though I have ingredients to make cakes/bread etc in. Didn't cross my mind until going through my binge behaviours just now.
Also, the volume of food was not bigger than a regular days' volume of food. It was just VERY high carb (so high propoints) for me.

I have felt like I should be cross with myself, or guilty. But am not, not quite. I feel better for eating it, my energy levels are back up. I went to the gym and worked out, my body is battling this infection.. and that's *why* weightwatchers plan has weekly points. Using them is fine. I am doing *fine*. In fact, I am losing a little too fast the last month, a slower week would not be a bad thing.

I was very tempted to not blog about this. Now I have I am feeling the guilt dissipate. That would have been a dodgy behaviour holding me back.

Gym was ok. Felt really weak for cardio. Just didn't have the fire there to push with. Hoping in a few more days I'll be better and able to crack on. Going to attempt to get out for a run over the weekend too, Leicester is good for flat and interesting routes. Am also planning to not drink alcohol at the party. Aside from the weightloss stuff, I can't take the risk that it'll make the pain that much worse if I dehydrate, and after spending the time/money to get to be there, I'd like to stay reasonably sober and catch up with people I don't get to see nearly enough of.

Cycle lvl 10 cascades 70rpm 5min 1.75km
Treadmill hill 5 15min 1.55km
Cycle level 5 cascades 100rpm 10min 4.6km

Shoulder press 25kg 3x12 
Fly  50kg 3x12
Leg extension 47.5kg 3x12
Adductor 35kg 3x12
Abductor 56kg 3x12
Pulldown 45kg 3x12


28/28 ProPoints (and ALL 49 weeklies)
1.5 litres
6.2 miles

1 comment:

  1. I hope you feel better soon. When I'm sick or sleep deprived, it takes all my energy and makes me extra peckish. Good luck with everything.

    We tend to be our own toughest critics.

    ReplyDelete