Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I wonder if I've been changed in the night? Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different.

Woke up yesterday with a horrid head cold, or carb flu, or both. Nothing that *had* to be done though, so stuck to my pre-planned food, and looked forward to the highlight of my day being cooking the Hairy Dieters chilli con carne. As it stands, the recipe works out at 43 ProPoints. I made it with Heinz five beanz instead of kidney beans, and turkey breast mince, saving 8 ProPoints.



It was DELICIOUS. Seriously good food. Makes me even more excited to work through the book now. These guys know how to make easy to follow, tasty food maps!

In the evening I felt a fair bit better than I had been, still bunged up and sweaty, but lost the headache. So I kicked myself out for a run. With 4.26 miles left to hit the marathon distance, I had to get out and get a fair distance done. Tonight Sam was going to be out at Les Mis until late, and Thursday I have kettlebells. That's the end of January, and without those 4 miles I'd have failed my first goal!

I aimed for 3.3 miles, the furthest I have run yet. Leaving me a mile run to do late on wednesday. My legs felt heavy as I set out, and I was a little concerned if I'd manage it. Started trying to work out if I could break it into two two mile runs..

Pushed myself on though, and actually hit 5k in 35:30, the fastest I've managed since starting up again. I did a total 3.4 miles in 38:58, and would have kept going if my front door hadn't been in the way.


Leaves me just under a mile to hit the 26.2 I set myself for January. It has been more of a challenge than I imagined, and completing that mile will be a real victory!

27/27 ProPoints
2.25 litres
4.4 miles

Today I woke feeling a lot better than yesterday, and down 3.5lbs from two days ago. Sweating out that gain! I had fun emails - my kettlebells instructor checking I wanted my order of a 4kg kettlebell brought to class on Thursday, confirmation of my place on the training module next week, and that my Gorilla Run suit is out for delivery.

After yesterdays' success in the kitchen, I felt ready to try another recipe. A BBC Goodfoods gluten free Lemon drizzle cake. Yum. Made with mashed potato. I trust Goodfood, not yet had a disaster following their recommended recipes.. but MASH?!

Oh my goodness. It is lush. Made it with GF doves farm SF flour instead of the ground almonds to save ProPoints, and in two shorter cakes to make having smaller slices easier. The nut-free recipe is 72 ProPoints, or 9pp for a decent slice, and tastes SO good. Really zesty flavour, moist and light. NICE.


Really enjoyed having some yummy lemon drizzle that wasn't uber-high grain. No way I'd guess that it was a) GF or b) MASH!

Have booked the clothesforcash collection, and finally got on with doing more dips, week 5 day 3 today. Not quite sure that just 3 more sessions will see me able to do 150 in one go, but I have 4 weeks to get it done to reach my goal.


Week 5 Day 3 Level 2 : Total Reps - 226
Sets - 23, 23, 26, 26, 22, 22, 26, (58+)
performed +4 on last set - Total Reps - 230

I will do the week 5 exhaustion test on Saturday, and imagine I'll be sent to do week 5 level 3. I am so ready to manage 150, and then never do more than 20-50 a day ever again.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! That's just the food inspiration I needed. I want something hearty and yummy for my Friday night treat this week - why didn't I think of chili?! Om nom nom!

    ReplyDelete