Wednesday, February 13, 2013

150 DIPS!

After spending yesterday with a (detox?) headache, trying to distract myself from wanting to eat to escape the pain, I decided to go ahead and cook through the Hairy Dieters book. Spent my free moments in the afternoon working out next weeks' meals and doing the online shop.

It was so cold out I didn't run, my head did not need tension added.

27/27 ProPoints
2.5 litres
2.4 miles

Woke up today very aware that my exercise needs seeing to. Before starting on the usual Wednesday bake-athon, I made the kids' breakfast and went ahead to do the final test for 150 dips. I'd expected to not manage 150. I did 100, slipped and paused for maybe 10 seconds, before deciding to push through and see if I could hit 150.



It hurt, and I had to push through that mental barrier, despite it only being 2 minutes work.
But I did 150.
I'm thrilled to have it done, and while I feel no need to continue doing hundreds of dips a week, I shall incorporate a few into my usual gym workout from now on.

I need to get back to the gym, and running. Will  try to go to gym tonight, depending on if my dad/brother are planning to workout so I can tag along. Otherwise I am going to do my kettlebells. If I don't get a lift up with them again regularly I am going to have to budget £10 a week to get to the sister gym and back by train or I'm wasting the membership fees.

Update - Ok, off the phone with my dad. He's not going tonight, but might Friday. Too late for me to get over to the other gym in time to work out before it closes, so I will run He also said he's not sure he's going to renew his membership. So, looking at costs now. My current membership is paid up until March. It's £47 a month, to get there is £3.60 train fare - If I go 3 x a week it'll cost me around £7.50 a session. There's a LAFitness gym in Purley, same opening times, classes and gym cost £30 monthly, and the bus is oyster fare there and back - closer to £5 a session, AND they have spin classes. Oh yeah.

..........

enough with the Brain Fart. I shall do the 3 day pass thing at some point over the next week, go and have a look and see if I want to switch at the end of the month.

Did lots of cooking this afternoon, (will post up the recipes seperately, for linking to the Hairy Dieters page) pasties, muffins, crispy chicken and cumin roasted veg. Yum.

Did my kettlebells home workout, looking forward to getting back to class tomorrow, and learning 2 new moves, after missing last week.

Kettlebell home (25 minutes max)

Warm up 
20 squats
10 lateral twists each side
20 squats
Side stretch 10 each side

15 chest squats
15 l wrap squats
15 r wrap squats
(15 bicep curls)
15 chest squats
15 l wrap squats
15 r wrap squats
(15 bicep curls 
15 shoulder press
15 tricep press)

15 chest squat & press
15 l wrap squat & press
15 r wrap squat & press 
(15 bicep curls)
15 chest squat & press
15 l wrap squat & press
15 r wrap squat & press
(15 bicep curls 
15 shoulder press
15 tricep press)

15 double swings
15 single left swings 
15 single right swings
15 alternating swings
(15 bicep curls)
15 double swings
15 single left swings 
15 single right swings
30 alternating swings 
(30 bicep curls 
30 shoulder press
30 tricep press)

Cool down stretches 

Working out while watching Twilight is becoming a habit!

32/27 ProPoints
2.5 litres
2 miles







No comments:

Post a Comment