Saturday, February 16, 2013

Poor, poor abs.

Kids had stayed up LATE Thursday night, so Friday morning was slow and relaxed. Spent some time reading and mucking about on Spotify with setlists. After having one of the cats grab a piggyback/cuddle for half an hour, I had to get up.



Did some cooking and cleaned out the kitchen, realising that I would desperately love to have a proper spice rack, so my 5 stone kitchen related present will be this 24 jar holding beauty, and I will feel so grown up ^_^ If I stop the current farting about, I could be getting there in the front end of March.

Ate well, all the cravings and wishy washy nastiness has left me now, just in time for my period to reappear, last night at kettlebells. Fantabulous timing. Felt a bit bloated and crampy, but otherwise not too bad.

Once Sam was back and we'd devoured the (absolutely LUSH) chilli con carne - recipe next post - I trotted  down the hill to find my dad and head to the gym.

It's been a while again since I went, but hoped that my kettlebells and dips workouts would be working in my favour - and they did a bit. Not my best distances ever, but high end of average.

Cycle around the world 15min lvl 5 - 7.64km
Xtrainer aerobic lvl 5 15min - 2.2km

Shoulder press 20kg 3x12
Fly 42.5kg 3x12
Leg press 70kg 3x12
Leg extension 45kg 3x12
Adductor 28kg 3x12 l6
Abductor 49kg 3x12
Pulldown 40kg 3x12

Dips 3x12
Crunches 3x12
Plank 3x30s

Oh yes, I did some ab work. I'm as shocked as anyone. But, while I was doing my crunches, a weight room regular came up to me and said how good I looked. That she'd seen an 'amazing transformation, good work!' - so my next set felt less painful for that boost.

Chatted about potentially swapping gyms with my dad, and realised that the LA Fitness gym in Purley is going to take a lot more time to get to than I have of an evening by bus. My choices seemed to be to tie into a 12 months contract at the local (small and grotty) studio, or keep the current monthly membership and just make room in the budget for the train fare.

32/27 ProPoints
2.25 litres
7.7 miles

Woke up and cancelled the trial at LA Fitness, text my parents to see if they were headed to the gym for badminton. They were, together with my visiting sister and wanted to know if I fancied being a fourth. My mum wants to reboot her gym attendance, so looks like keeping on with current gym will work, going on a Monday with my mum, and tagging along with my dad 2 evenings. Awesome. I do like my current gym, hopefully by summer I will have saved enough to buy myself a little car, and I can drag myself about whenever I need to!

Played some (poor version of) badminton and enjoyed a bit of a runabout, before heading back to theirs for a cuppa and chat. My abs/uterus/whole body between my ribs and thighs Do. Not. Like. Me.

Got home, cleaned more, cooked more, had Seth come up to me and ask me to buy ingredient for some recipes he's found that he'd like to make next week. Erm. YES!

Mini Apple and Banana Muffins
Sweet Potato Pasta 
Fishy Toast Toppers

Love that he's already feeling the love for cooking/trying new foods. Brilliant. Going to try to make some of those apple/banana muffins to take with us on the train tomorrow, as we head down to Brighton to see Rachael run her HALF MARATHON. Whoop!!!

36/27 ProPoints
2.25 litres
3.5 miles





No comments:

Post a Comment