Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Tattoo Tuesday

Started the day slowly, did the usual Tuesday morning putting out the bins, clearing up after a busy-ish Monday, getting the weekly shop put away. Once I'd got the kids up and fed, I did my dips, but not my run as I have a HUGE painful blister on my right foot, hoping with some TLC and savlon plasters it will disappear so I can get out maybe Friday/Saturday to run.

Week 6 Day 2 Level 3 : Total Reps - 294
Sets - 28, 28, 39, 39, 31, 31, 23, (75+)
performed +10 on last set - Total Reps - 304

Had a brunch of cassoulet left from yesterday, tasted even better after being sat overnight in it's juices. Then we got ourselves up and out for an ink-y Tuesday.

Sam had his 'valentines present' in the form of a leg tat, and I got more work done on my sleeve. Reckon another 3-4 sessions and I'll have it complete. Need to keep putting my money in the jar to get it done for 30 by 30!
Had to hold my arm at a really weird angle that left my hand stinging, and oh did I feel my triceps moaning about those 300 dips! Did notice a marked difference in the mirror in the appearance of my arms though. Soon enough I'll have defined, slender arms. They've changed massively from the cellulite ridden thigh-a-likes that they were.



After finishing at the studio, I had a few minutes to go say hello to the kids, Sam and MIL, before I had to commute back to my 3rd training module for Beavers. I was SO tired, and the sugary flapjack I'd had for lunch had hit me. I am really certain that I will cut chocolate for Lent now - the way I feel after carbs is just awful, I need to get a handle on it, and chocolate is usually my gateway sugar..

Ate a couple of Peperami sticks and a Snickers bar, as well as a Starbucks latte at the station. My connecting train was delayed by 50 minutes, so I *just* made it. I was crashing badly from too much sugar + tattoo fatigue (even though I only had an hour or so under the needle, the odd angle meant I was tense for the hour). I'm pretty proud of myself for dragging myself in, staying awake and actually contributing to the team work.


Once home I downed a black coffee, and talked myself into doing my kettlebells workout.

Kettlebell home (25 minutes max)

Warm up 
20 squats
10 lateral twists each side
20 squats
Side stretch 10 each side

15 chest squats
15 l wrap squats
15 r wrap squats
(15 bicep curls)
15 chest squats
15 l wrap squats
15 r wrap squats
(15 bicep curls 
15 shoulder press
15 tricep press)

15 chest squat & press
15 l wrap squat & press
15 r wrap squat & press 
(15 bicep curls)
15 chest squat & press
15 l wrap squat & press
15 r wrap squat & press
(15 bicep curls 
15 shoulder press
15 tricep press)

15 double swings
15 single left swings 
15 single right swings
(30 bicep curls)
30 double swings
30 single left swings 
30 single right swings
30 alternating swings 
(30 bicep curls 
30 shoulder press
30 tricep press)

Cool down stretches 

So ready for bed, and a day on track tomorrow.

37/26 ProPoints
2 litres
4.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment