Sunday, March 03, 2013

Strongend

Weekend of sticking to it. First time in a while too.

Saturday morning I got out to the gym early, was short on time and knew I had to whittle down my workout to fit into an hour - didn't get all my abs circuit done, but felt like I did a good work out considering my legs still felt iffy from Kettlebells on Thursday night. (NB self, do not take a break from training for a fortnight EVER again).

Decided that it's time to up weights/down reps after reading my Nerd Fitness email, Strength Training 101 - because while I don't mind getting some visible muscle going, I want to be STRONG. Not just look it.



Spin 5k - 100rpm

Shoulder press 25kg 3x8
Fly  50kg 3x8
Leg press 90kg 3x8 
Leg extension 47.5kg 3x8
Adductor 35kg 3x8
Abductor 56kg 3x8
Pulldown 50kg 3x8

Static plank 3x 45 seconds
Russian twists with medicine ball 16 taps in all 3 sets


Will up weight again next time, and down reps to 3. Am looking at the strength, power & bone density labels and wanting that Large Effect Scale!

Running in the back of my head is *INeedToBeAbleToDoAPull-upForTheSpartanRace*

Today Sam worked and I made muffins which I DID NOT EAT BUT SAVED FOR TOMORROW. Result.

Really did not want to run tonight, but pushed myself out the door for a mile. Felt slow and achey and wrong, then got some feedback that I was actually going at a decent pace, so shut the head off and just pushed. A mile in 10:05, my fastest mile yet. I am determined to break the 10 minute mark on the treadmill tomorrow. Ugh, I hate treadmills. Going faster means spending less time on the bloody thing.

Am hoping to have dropped the 7lbs I'd put on in my 10 day glutfest, though I know that's a lot to ask in 4 days, I *think* I might squeak it.

Aiming to hit 163lbs by the last weigh in this month. Put me back at needing to lose 3lbs a week to hit my goal for GetReadyForEddie. Need 9 weeks of focus, good clean eating and sweaty workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment