Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The two month catch up

After stopping running mid march, I haven't been out again. I spent March struggling to eat properly, feeling cross and hungry and binge-y. I went to the midwives protest march, got on with organising home ed trips for the kids, met with friends, looked after our cup of caterpillars and carried on with my beavers training, but couldn't get a handle on eating right again.

On the first weekend of April, I got a car! Had a terrified first few drives in it, and comfort ate my way through it. That Monday I weighed 184 at weightwatchers, up a stone from a month before. (This is going to be a theme..)

A busy week followed, landlord inspection, 3 separate maintenance days with strangers in the house, planning meetings for summer scouts programmes, and the kids got a virus. Lots of cleaning, and clearing and washing, and eating.

When summer term started mid April, I tried to 'reboot' the first Monday I went along with Seth to forest school, and dashed up to aquafit after beavers in the evening. Then ate a bunch of chocolates to celebrate. The virus resurfaced for a couple of days, and we finished the week with a fab trip to the Roman Villa at Crofton, which meant me driving through teeny squiggly country lanes. And relaxing after with cake. 

At the weekend I had St George's day parade to do with the boys. It was very depressing having to buy my smart uniform in size 16 when I had been just into a 12.

That evening I went and got our PUPPY!!!

(I've wanted a dog FOREVER, so has Sam, but we had assumed we'd not be allowed one. Finally the broodiness got too much and I asked our landlord, got a message back saying that he gave us permission to have a puppy as we were 'rather special' heh! 

He is a tri colour border collie, Sam's dream dog since I've known him, 9 weeks old and GORGEOUS.

Of course, he wasn't vaccinated, and so the next day I walked him round to the vet for his first jab, meaning that there would be three weeks until he could go out for walks. Three weeks of being stuck at home with a destructive clingy toddler. Oh yay. More cake.

Sleepless nights didn't last too long, but had an effect. I was so tired by the end of the first week. Thursday was a busy day, I took the kids over to Bromley for the second in the series of history sessions with Seth's HE group. We had to sit in the car with the puppy while Seth was in the museum. By the time we got home I was tired, then found my ticket to a Frank Turner gig I'd totally forgotten about! It was fab, but I was swaying through exhaustion to the music..
On the Saturday I had a full day training course for first aid, and having that much time to sit and not puppy watch was blissful!
I avoided weighing in the next Monday, I felt really grotty and run down, and hid at home feeling sorry for myself, before getting to beavers in the evening. 
The first week of May was not great. I realised that I'd put on another 10lbs. My clothes would not fit, I was eating rubbish and not exercising. Getting the dog to the vet on the same day that I went to Brighton was the most active I managed. 

Seeing Eddie was great, although Rachael was a lot more ready for Eddie than I was! The rest of the week was good too, I volunteered at moonwalk, got Seth to forest school, went and mummified oranges for the 3rd history session, saw Elaine and spent a fun day mooching around the West end, and validated over a third of my modules I need to complete my scout training. Oh, and put on another few lbs. huh.

The girls turned five last Wednesday and had a WONDERFUL day. They went to see StarTrek and went swimming, then had both families over for cake and presents. Mountains of. On Saturday we went to Brighton for a birthday visit, and to see their 'germy' aunt Rachael, we spent the afternoon outside and the kids (and dog) s-l-e-p-t the next morning. 

Sunday I took the girls and Jake for a decent longish walk to find bluebells for their nature detectives challenge. Felt so good to get out and move, that night is at down and promised myself, I'd weigh in the next day and shake off the last couple months of rubbish. I can still achieve all I set out to in 2013, the timing has just changed a little. 

No comments:

Post a Comment